Terms and Conditions - Telstra Chance to Win
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the “Telstra Prepaid Chance to Win 100k” (Promotion)
1. Information on how to enter and prize information form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry).
2. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. The promoter is Pacific Optics PTY LTD, ABN 96 064 312 107, 18 Taree Street Burleigh Heads QUEENSLAND 4220 (Promoter).
4. The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
5. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
6. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Conditions of Entry and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. Outlets participating in this Promotion are OTR (On The Run) stores located in South Australia and Victoria (Participating Outlets). Participating Outlets will display promotion materials. If in doubt, an entrant may ask staff at an outlet whether or not they are participating in the Promotion.
8. The Promotion will commence at 12.01am AEST on 13/09/2017 and conclude at 11.59pm AEDT on 10/10/2017 (Promotion Period).
WHO CAN ENTER
9. Entry in the Promotion is only open to South Australian and Victorian residents aged 18 years and over, excluding:
(a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, the Participating Outlets and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the prizes);
(b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 9(a) of these Conditions of Entry;
(c) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter,
(Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 9(b) of these Conditions of Entry includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter). The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
10. To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) purchase a participating Telstra product (Eligible Product) from a Participating Outlet (Qualifying Purchase) and collect their purchase receipt;
(b) visit com.au/telstrachancetowin and follow the links to the Promotion site; and
(c) fully complete and submit the online Promotion entry form on the Promotion site (Online Entry Form), including, but not limited to providing:
i. all requested personal information, including the 16 character unique code which can be located on the purchase receipt;
ii. uploading a photo/scan of their receipt corresponding to their Qualifying Purchase which clearly shows the store of purchase, Eligible Product purchased and time/date of purchase, in a file type and size accepted on the Online Entry Form; and
iii. indicating their acceptance of these Conditions of Entry, (Eligible Entry).
11. The list of Eligible Products is as follows:
12. Any indirect costs associated with accessing and entering the Promotion are to be borne by the entrant.
13. Eligible Entrants must submit their entries manually using an internet browser. If an Eligible Entrant submits an entry:
(a) which complies with these Conditions of Entry, they will receive an on-screen notification confirming that their entry has been received; or
(b) which does not comply with these Conditions of Entry, they will receive an on-screen notification that their entry is invalid,
whichever is applicable in the circumstances.
14. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted using such means invalid.
15. Incomplete, ineligible, indecipherable or incorrect entries (as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion) are not eligible to win.
16. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, not time of transmission by the entrant.
17. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt (Proof of Purchase) which corresponds to each entry they submit in the Promotion in order to claim the prize (if won).
18. If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter in its absolute discretion:
(a) appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to enter the Promotion and claim a prize (if won) and compliance with these Conditions of Entry; and
(b) their Proof of Purchase that corresponds to all entries they have submitted in the Promotion.
19. If the items required by the Promoter are not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the entry(s) submitted by the entrant will be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. The prize will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements deemed necessary by the Promoter.
20. If more than one person attempts to claim the prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
21. Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name. Entrants who enter using multiple aliases (i.e. multiple names, addresses and/or email addresses) will be disqualified.
PRIZE DRAW AND PRIZE DETAILS
22. A random electronic prize draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141 (Draw Location) at 12 noon AEDT on 11/10/2017 (Prize Draw).
The Promoter may draw additional Eligible Entries in the Prize Draw and record them in order to use in the event and ineligible entry or entrant is drawn or the Drawn Participant or nominated proxy cannot attend the Game.
23. The first Eligible Entrant with an Eligible Entry drawn in the Prize Draw will win the opportunity to play the Game as defined in paragraph 25 (Drawn Participant) for the chance to win up to $100,000.
24. The Game will take place at OTR Fullarton, 390 Fullarton Road, Fullarton, SA 5063 (Game Location) on 09/11/2017.
25. There will be twenty-five (25) envelopes on display at the start of the Game. One (1) envelope will contain a promotional message representing the $100,000 prize. The other twenty-four (24) envelopes will each contain a promotional message representing a consolation prize of $5,000. The Drawn Participant must choose only one (1) envelope without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other envelopes on display. If the Drawn Participant is found to have breached this condition, he/she will be disqualified. If the Drawn Participant selects the envelope containing the promotional message representing the $100,000 prize, then, subject to verification by the judges, the Drawn Participant will win $100,000. If the Drawn Participant selects an envelope containing a promotional message representing a consolation prize of $5,000, then the $100,000 prize will not be given away and, subject to verification by the judges, the Drawn Participant will receive $5,000 (Game). Prize money will be awarded, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter, in Australian dollars to an Australian bank account nominated by the Drawn Participant.
26. One (1) nights’ accommodation at an establishment selected by the Promoter (minimum three (3) stars, twin-share) is included in the Prize. The Drawn Participant may select a companion to attend the Game with them and share their accommodation. The Drawn Participant must hold a valid credit card and present it upon check in at the accommodation establishment to cover any incidental or other hotel charges.
27. If the Drawn Participant resides outside of South Australia, the Promoter will liaise with the Drawn Participant to organise travel for the Drawn Participant and their nominated companion to and from South Australia in order for the Drawn Participant to play the Game, which will include return economy flights from Melbourne to South Australia, and airport/hotel/Game location transfers in South Australia. Flights must be taken to coincide with the Game, departing and returning on the dates as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes if applicable), insurance, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers and all other ancillary costs are not included. All travel components be taken together as a single trip as booked by the Promoter. Once booked, no changes to the booking are permitted.
28. Participation in the Game event and associated travel/accommodation is subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing the goods or services included in the Game event and associated travel/accommodation (Third Party Terms). The Drawn Participant and nominated companion must comply with the Third Party Terms at their cost (if any) and bear all risks associated with failure to comply with any of them. They will be required to maintain an acceptable standard of behavior while a participant in the Game event and associated travel/accommodation. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to the Drawn Participant and/or nominated travelling companion who, as a result of any failure to comply with any Third Party Terms, is unable to participate in the Game event, any associated travel/accommodation (or any part of these); or suffers any other loss or damage.
29. If the Drawn Participant cannot attend the Game, the Drawn Participant may appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to play the Game on his/her behalf provided that the Drawn Participant gives the Promoter written, signed notice to that effect at least 48 hours before the start of the Game.
30. The Drawn Participant’s odds of winning the $100,000 prize are 1 in 25.
31. The total maximum potential value of the Game prize money is up to $100,000.
32. The Game event and associated travel/accommodation cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. The travel/accommodation costs will not be redeemed for cash. If any part of the prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE DRAW WINNER
33. The Prize Winner will be notified in writing and by phone, and published on ontherun.com.au/telstrachancetowin from 17/10/2017.
PRIZE RE-DRAW (IF ANY)
34. If the Prize is won by an Eligible Entrant and they do not claim their Prize or their Prize is returned to the Promoter by 11.00am AEDT on 20/10/2017 a replacement winner will be chosen from the reserve entries drawn under paragraph 22. If there are no available reserve entries, a random electronic re-draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEDT on that date at the Draw Location by a representative of the Promoter from all remaining entries received in the Promotion, subject to any directions from the relevant state and/or territory gaming departments (Prize Re-Draw).
35. The Prize Re-Draw winner (if any) will be notified in writing, and published from ontherun.com.au/telstrachancetowin on 23/10/2017.
36. If more than one (1) Eligible Product is purchased in a Qualifying Purchase, then the receipt from the Qualifying Purchase can be submitted for more than one (1) claim subject to limit outlined in Paragraph 37.
37. Eligible Entrants may submit a limit of four (4) entries in the Promotion, subject to each entry corresponding to a separate Eligible Product purchased as part of a Qualifying Purchase.
38. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash, unless otherwise stated in these Conditions of Entry. The prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied.
39. The Promoter shall not be liable for a prize being lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner or after it has been released to the winner.
40. The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any variation in the value of the prizes from the time of printing Promotion materials.
41. The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available, or the Participating Outlets will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period.
42. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, subject to relevant gaming regulations, including cancelling, terminating, modifying, postponing or suspending the Promotion.
43. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry or draw mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
(a) Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and
(b) the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph 44(a);
(c) the owners and operator of each Participating Outlet and their related entities, and respective employees, agents, directors and contractors;
shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or the acceptance or use of a prize, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
45. The Prize Draw winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as, but not limited to publicity, advertising, filming and photography) relating to the winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material in perpetuity.
46. The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of a prize and independent financial advice should be sought by the respective winner.
47. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
48. Immediately upon submission by an entrant, all entries become the sole property of Shahin Enterprises Pty Ltd (ABN: 75 492 874 033) trading as On The Run, of 270 The Parade, Kensington Park SA 5068.
49. All information entrants provide (Personal Information) will be used by Shahin Enterprise Pty Ltd for the purpose of administering this Promotion and contacting the Prize Draw winner.
50. Should an entrant’s Personal Information change during the Promotion, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter using the ‘Contact Us’ page on the Online Entry Site.
51. Shahin Enterprise Pty Ltd may disclose entrants’ Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
52. Shahin Enterprise Pty Ltd is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012).
OPTING-IN TO HEAR FROM OTR (ON THE RUN)
53. Should an entrant consent to receiving future information from OTR, via placing a tick in the ‘opt-in’ box featured on the Online Entry Form, information provided by the entrant will be entered into a database and OTR, OTR’s related entities and agencies engaged by OTR may use their information for OTR’s current and future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them.
Authorised under SA Permit Number – T17/1477.